This Seattleite is Moving to Vegas!!!  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

I was offered a political organizer position with the organization, Americans Against the Escalation in Iraq, a coalition of groups (including MoveOn, VoteVets, etc) who have strategically placed people all over this country to pressure members of Congress to vote to end the war. You can see their press release about this summer of action here.

I don't know what I will be doing after this temporary position ends, but I look at this as the start of a dream and I am grateful for this opportunity to try to make a difference. I thank all of you for your support and I fully intend on continuing to blog. I will still maintain ties in Idaho and will keep a close eye on how things develop here over the next two months. Perhaps I can gain a lot of political experience and bring it back to Idaho to help get more Democrats elected!

Is it supposed to feel this scary?

3 comments

This is great news, Jessica. Congrats on launching your dream. Stay cool down there in Vegas, keep us posted on the job, and bring 'em home as soon as you can!

Thanks, Julie. I'll try my best and expect regular updates from Sin City. I am a bit nervous about the heat, but I think I can adapt.

My friend who lived down there already emailed me some great tips, tricks, and ideas...

Congrats and good luck.

Post a Comment