This Seattleite is returning to Seattle.  

Posted by Jessica in

But only temporarily. Why sit around and job hunt and be lonely and bored in Maryland when I can do it surrounded by family and animals??? 


So, job hunting sucks! I have two resumes I work off of. I edit them each time I submit one to an employer. I've had some people help me clean them up. I use one for political work and one for all non-political work. Everyone, these days, wants a cover letter. In some ways, that's more important than the resume because if you have a shitty cover letter, will they even look at your resume? Mostly likely not.  I have found that I quite enjoy using Craigslist to find jobs, at least for the DC area. There is a lot of offerings and not as many fake job offerings as I thought there would be. Like on monster.com, most of the jobs are for joining the Army or doing "sales" for some company. 

I also know of some websites that are good for liberals/Democrats/progressives looking for jobs. I'm trying to find a contact for the Obama campaign but so far I haven't found someone with any pull/knowledge who could get my resume to the right person. Plus, I'm not sure I want to track anymore. Even though I was told by my former employer that I am the best tracker in the country, I'm not sure I want to keep doing that. I've mastered it and I would prefer to do something more challenging, intellectually stimulating, and new. I need to build up my resume with more skills. This girl doesn't want to be some one trick pony. 

My mistake for the last year has been making my work my entire life. So when I find myself without work, I find myself with almost nothing. I feel lost and unsure. I know I will survive and I know things happen for a reason and that in the end, this will be a great thing, being let free to really do great things, but right now, I can't help but feel confused and scared. 

1 comments

I'm having the same problem with finding a job.

Sucks.

Post a Comment