Headed to the Hill later today.  

Posted by Jessica in ,

I am meeting the regional director I had when I was field organizing in Vegas. She works up on the hill (Capital Hill for those non-DC folks). I am excited to see her, she is pretty damn cool. She is one of my references and I wanted to say goodbye before I move and I have yet to go to the Capital Hill area. I am hoping to get in some sightseeing as well.

I had a phone interview for a job today. It went okay. I stumbled and my answers weren't as organized as they should've been. We tend to speak how we think and I obviously think in a unorganized fashion.

I've been emailing my resumes out for random organizing positions in the Seattle area. I received a call back about one particular position. The fact that they want to put you up in host housing worries me. But, it's always nice to get calls back because the person thinks you are qualified enough to talk to.

The pay for organizing can be good, but it depends on who you are organizing for. Unions tend to pay more because it is a union and they try to practice what they preach. There is more stability with unions and usually the chance to be promoted. Campaigns tend to pay less because they would rather spend the money on ads and there isn't as much stability. sigh.

I've officially began really really worrying about how I will fit everything into my car. I'll need to ship a few boxes and I've been using those space saver bags (the ones at Target that don't require a vacuum SUCK, DO NOT BUY THEM) but as I look around my room and imagine stuffing everything into my car, I panic.

I have a post in the works. A more emotional and intimate post about me saying goodbye to my former coworkers the other night, but I'm still working on it.

If anyone has any tips on shipping, let me know. I don't care if it takes weeks to get to Seattle, I just want it to be cheap. I am not sure if UPS, USPS, FedEx, or DHL is the best option. From what I am gathering, I should shop around because each package can vary. Great.

0 comments

Post a Comment