First Results are IN!!! Obama takes Dixville Notch.  

Posted by Jessica in ,

I've got a special place in my heart for Dixville Notch, New Hampshire. Almost a year ago, I tracked my first event/candidate. I tracked John McCain in Dixville Notch. There were maybe 20 people there and only a few people in the press pool. I was nervous as hell and amazed that I stood five feet from McCain as he held a town hall at the Balsams Hotel (which is GORGEOUS!). That event feels like yesterday.

I barely made it up the Notch because of the snow and steep roads, but my Nissan made it, despite spinning out and doing some 360's.

Dixville Notch is a gorgeous area (take a look at some pictures) and so I was excited to find out that Dixville Notch, for the first time in 40 years, has voted for the Democrat for President, Barack H. Obama.

In case you don't know about Dixville Notch, they are the first to generally report their results in the New Hampshire Primary and General Election, with having their citizens vote at midnight and immediately reporting their results.

This is AWESOME! Thanks, Dixville Notch, for putting a smile on my face.

2 comments

NH man, we have this thing about being first all the time!

Thanks for EVERYTHING, Jessica!!

ROCK ON!

We in NH just have this thing about always being first. ;-)

Post a Comment