I Can't Sleep  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

My heart is racing and my mind won't stop thinking. I have a very important meeting at 10:30am and am trying to prepare. While searching through my things I came across some letters and emails and my English project dated March 20, 1996 about Animal Farm. I had to laugh because my my my, hasn't technology come a long way? While reading some of these letters and emails, I started thinking about my life now.

Had someone told me before the summer of 2002, that I would move to Pocatello and spend the next 5 years in Pocatello (with the exception of 11 months spent in Idaho Falls), I would have laughed. Had someone told me when I graduated from ISU in May of 2003, that I would still be in Pocatello in 2007, I would have laughed and perhaps shed a few tears! I could never forsee, as I ventured out to Idaho in July of 1999, that I would spend so many years here. I could have never known that some of the greatest people in my life, I would meet in Rexburg, Idaho Falls, and Pocatello.

My two best friends I met here; one in Rexburg, the other in Pocatello. One was my roommate (I, of course didn't meet her before we ended up being roommates through fate) the other was in my Statistics class. My other friends, the closest friends I have, I met in Idaho. And though I have had best friends who have come and gone, some abruptly, some slowly, I know that many of the close friends I have now will always be in my life.

After reading those letters and emails, most of which came from friends who are long gone, I came to the conclusion that in my life, it is my friends and family who are my foundation.

The revolving door for friends continues to move, but the foundation that has been built through friendships which sustain me and give meaning to my existence, is the most important thing in my life.

I guess I just wanted to blog about this because you don't know me unless you know how important my friends are. They have helped shape who I am and I wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for the people who put up with me, help(ed) me, and have/had confidence in me.

Thank you, my friends (late at night, I get overly cheesy and affectionate, forgive me).

2 comments

Ahhhh, another one from the great Pacific Northwest. Where are the ferns and forest? :)

I'm from Vancouver... lived in I.F. with my wife and kids the last 10 years. I miss the ocean, Portland, and Seattle. One day...

Feel free to add me to your Idaho Blogs, my wife and I will add yours to our blogs :)

Best,

Frank

Thanks, Frank. You got your link!

Post a Comment