There is a lot going on...  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

I started classes on Monday. I am pretty stoked about my schedule. This might end up as one of my most favorite semesters because I am taking some awesome classes from some kick ass professors.

I am taking Speech 554: Management Communication
Political Science 613: Seminar: American Political Behavior
And then I am doing an Independent Study with a professor who is teaching the Spirit of the 60's class and since I consider myself a "neo hippy", I thought it would be fitting to take this class. So I will take the class and the professor will design the requirements for me since it is only offered as an undergraduate level course and I need graduate level credits...make sense?

College Dems will meet tomorrow to begin our semester and I anticipate some exciting things happening. At our end of the semester pizza party we decided to spend each month focused on a population we would like to give service to. For instance, we came up with low-income/poor, elderly, animals, veterans, etc...
We will also be discussing t-shirts/sweatshirts, and the Frank Church Banquet that is coming up quickly! Last semester I spoke with the editor at The Bengal and we agreed to debate the College Republicans through weekly articles in the paper. Last I heard, the College Republicans hadn't agreed to debate us, but we hope they do so students can learn more about each party.

I will definately blog some more as there are many exciting things happening in these first 100 hours!

3 comments

Wait. Your College Dems actually want to debate the College Republicans? That is amazing! If only your buddies up at BYU Idaho had the same desire! I think they are afraid.

Funny Funny, anon. Apparently the last time there was a debate between the two clubs at ISU, the Democrats destroyed the Repubs.

Taunting Democrats for being afraid, while hiding behind "Anonymous".

Not cool.

Post a Comment