Cross Country Road Trip Part 1  

Posted by Jessica in

I left Pocatello at 2:48am last friday morning. Oh it was so sad to say goodbye to my friends and my storage unit with 80% of my belongings...But the world was waiting for me and I knew I had a long journey ahead.


I drove until I got to Malad, Idaho and then pulled over for a nap. I slept for about 2 hours and continued on my journey to Las Vegas. I got into Vegas early in the afternoon and was able to take a cat nap, pack my belongings and head over to my friend's house where he is keeping some of my things while I am chasing my dreams in the east. He made dinner and for the first time in over 2 months I had a home cooked meal. I then said my goodbye's and headed back to North Vegas where I loaded my car and started my journey.

I hadn't slept very much, even when I was on vacation in Pocatello, so when I got to St. George I slept in my car for about an hour and a half, then in Cedar City for another 2 hours. Here is a picture I took of the St. George temple.



Finally, I was back on the road and headed east. Utah wasn't as hideous as I thought it would be and my breath was taken away at the San Rafael Swell. Here are some pictures.









I then continued on my drive until I got to Colorado...



Colorado was simply beautiful and I spent a few hours there napping and enjoying the scenery.




When I got into Vail I didn't take any pictures because I didn't think I could begin to capture the beauty of the area with my camera. So, courtesy of google images, here ya go:







The next part will include more of Colorado and Nebraska. I didn't take a ton of pictures, so you will have to forgive me for that.

2 comments

What an awesome experience so far. A year ago, did you ever think you would be in New hamshire, after driving clear across the country and seeing so many exciting places along the way? This is definately going after your dreams, enjoy the journey!!! Mom

Your mom needs spellcheck! I enjoyed your pictures, however...I can't believe you drove x-country by yourself! I'm glad you made it safely. What an adventure! How long are you back there for?? Patty

Post a Comment