Oprah and Obama in New Hampshire! (pictures)  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

<cross posted at Red State Rebels> -pictures at the bottom of post.

As I'm sure you all know, New Hampshire was privileged with a visit from the one and only Oprah Winfrey and Presidential hopeful, Barack Obama. Being the lucky and blessed person that I am, I was able to snag a ticket before they were all gone. Although I am voting for John Edwards, I try to still catch other candidates when they have appearances in this state because I like all of the Democrats and am trying to take advantage of the wonderful opportunity I have to see them.

So it has been with much anticipation that I have waited to go to this event, though I was most excited to see Oprah since I love and adore her and she is a personal hero of mine.

The doors to the Verizon Arena were to open at 6pm for a 7:30pm start time. I arrived at about 3:15 and was towards the front of the line. People were excited for Oprah and Obama and by the time 5:00pm rolled around, thousands of people were congregated outside waiting for the doors to open to get the closest possible seat!

Doors opened, madness ensued as people navigated the arena securing seats. The Governor of New Hampshire, a Democrat, who is not endorsing in the Primary, came out and spoke for a few moments, then Michelle Obama, an impressive woman, came out and the crowd cheered! Her speech was relatively short and nothing noteworthy was said and then she introduced Oprah and the place erupted!

It was surreal being in the same room as Oprah, and really only being less than 100 feet away. She has a larger than life presence and spoke with power and conviction as she detailed why she was coming out of the box (meaning tv box) to endorse a candidate now. She stated that now is the time we need Barack, that he is the one who can bring our country together and lead the United States back to where we could and should be. It was a moving speech and one could tell and feel that her support of Barack is profound and meaningful.

She introduced Obama who rose to the occasion with a passionate speech explaining the need for change and all that can be changed. He spoke of offering health insurance to every American, ending the war, engaging in dialogue with our enemies, and more. Being in the crowd, it felt as if the crowd was loudest when he spoke of the need to end the war.

It was a powerful evening and I will be proud to support Barack Obama if he gets the nomination. If you would like to read more about the event, check out the blog at Obama's website here and look for video of the event, as I highly recommend seeing it!




2 comments

Looks like you got pretty good seats!! Awesome!!

I like the Word Suicide 3-16-08
Peter Macdonald 465 Packersfalls rd Lee NH 03824 603-659-6217 NH.veteran@yahoo.com
I first want to apologize I have been using the wrong date on my past few letters.
So many of the right people in the right gov. agencies read my letters yet they do nothing. These so called right officials are so set on believing that I am a nut and paranoid, that they ignore what I write and condemn me. I have serious disabilities that I received while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps. The NH governor and Judges have so violated the law that using the news media to strip a disabled Veteran of any public dignity, so the public has stereotyped me crazy. Yes you are probably right. I do see the world differently than others. Some thirty years after receiving a head injury in the MC, I still have no memory of my child hood. I broke my back during one Vietnam offensive and was blown off a runway and lost most of my hearing in both ears during another offensive. I learned to love the United States of America because I lived in some of the dirtiest, crude and deadliest conditions before I have any memory of seeing the U.S. I came back to the “World” (US) to a place that I do not belong. Never have I violated the law on purpose. I have volunteered every day to help others just the make the U.S. a better place. I owe this to those that never returned alive.
A criminal is someone whom violates the law with intent to harm others. Judge Peter Fauver did just that. The NH Supreme court is so biased that it refused to hear a case presented by a high school drop out. Fauver made me and attorney to represent a Madbury NH family for a zoning issue because Fauver thought it would allow him to screw this family to benefit the selectmen’s criminal acts. I proved the case beyond any doubt and Fauver ignored the law to harm others. A judge is not above the opinion of the people or the law. The State and local police under the direction of the NH governor and the Sheriff’s dept harass my family at work and home to cover up crimes committed by a judge. For the system to allow a U.S. congresswoman (Shea-Porter) to use her political powers to medically harm me is beyond any belief. For the Inspector General of the NH Veteran’s admin in Manchester. NH to stop my VA medical for service injuries received as a U.S. Marine (two of the three Combat related) can not be tolerated. I write these letters because it is every U.S. citizen’s responsibility to correct the wrongs in government. I may be crazy to put my live on the line for our country. That would make every U.S. military personal crazy also. The right people that do nothing but sit idle and allow the NH Judges and government official to harm a disabled veteran are not bad people. These right people are just believing what powerful people tell them. I tell every news paper in the U.S. to print my letter with a disclaimer and allow me to suffer the consequences. The unedited opinion of the people is the most important part of the news media’s ethical responsibility. I think as a 100% disabled U.S. Marine I have earned the right to have this letter printed across the U.S. unedited. “truth is a powerful weapon”
Peter Macdonald Sgt USMC Semper Fi

Post a Comment