Greetings from Wisconsin!  

Posted by Jessica in

So I left around noon yesterday and began my long journey west. I decided to take it easy and stopped for lunch in Ohio. A few hours later I got an ice cream and attempted to nap. That is difficult when it is 500 degrees in your car and you have too much stuff to make room to sleep. So I got back on the road to drive as far as I could.

At about 11pm I decided to take a nap and figured out a way to remove a large suitcase from my backseat, place it on top of my car, and therefore have room to sleep. I left my sunroof open for fresh air, reclined my seat and fell asleep for a few hours. When I awoke, I noticed several bug bites all over my legs and arms. Whoopsy. Shouldn't have slept in shorts and a t-shirt.

I decided it was time to get up so I went into the service center (those of you out west take note that in some states the rest areas are service areas and have restaurants and such, including 24 hour Starbucks) and got a Starbucks drink to help wake me up. Yummy. Strawberries and cream! I was excited to get going and was anxious to drive through Chicago.

You know how you can just tell that some cities are amazing? Chicago is one of them. Haven't spent much time there, but I loved driving through it. I got some great pictures that I will post later today.

The next big highlight of the day was finally getting into Wisconsin! First time I've been here. Very green and lush. Foresty, but also the rolling hills with the country houses. Kinda how you would picture Wisconsin. I see lots of places advertising cheese. Oh, gotta love states and their things they are known for.

So here I am. Camping outside of Madison, Wisconsin. At a KOA spot, so it's kinda half-ass camping, but I'm not looking to rough it when I have such a long drive to conquer.

I really like this KOA spot as you get water and electricity at your campsite, a picnic table, access to clean bathrooms, showers, laundry, a pool, their little store to buy firewood, food, drinks, etc. Oh, and the best part, FREE WIFI. Welcome to camping now.

I've got horrid drives coming up, as my schedule has me in Yellowstone on the morning of the 5th, meaning 27 hours of driving in 2 days, and this includes driving and seeing Mt. Rushmore. So basically lots of driving, little sleep. Then from Yellowstone I'll head to Coeur d'Alene for a day+ and then to Seattle.

Check back later for pictures of Chicago and a few random ones I've taken as well.

1 comments

FYI, koa.com might have some coupons or specials you can use on your trek.

Post a Comment