A Place of Rest.  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is Enos 1:27.

"And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."

A very comforting scripture in general, but most especially when a loved one passes from this life into the next. My Aunt Marilyn is now with her Redeemer and is resting and free from a physical body which can be prone to pain, sickness, and disease. But more than that, her mind and heart are free. Former Mormon President/Prophet David O. McKay once remarked:

"The greatest battles in life are fought out daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

0 comments

Post a Comment