There is a lot going on...  

Posted by Jessica in ,

I went to Africa Night on the ISU campus last night. It was fantastic! I am pretty picky when it comes to food, but I thought I should at least try everything (except the cabbage dish!) and I was pleasantly surprised with the food I was served. I didn't care for the peanut butter soup, but the chicken dish, rice dishes, and beans were awesome, and the fruit salad was superb. The entertainment was also awesome, especially the band that performed.

I was sad to see that Hillary Clinton plans to run, but I wasn't too surprised. My problem with her running isn't how I view her personally (I like her) but if she presents the best chances to win if she wins the nomination. She is very polarizing. The polls I've seen show that men hate her and women love her. Again, not surprised.

This saturday, people in Pocatello will show solidarity with those protesting in Washington D.C., by having a peace vigil at Caldwell Park at 5pm. I'm pretty excited about this. I do wish more than anything that I could be in Washington D.C., but I will return there soon enough.

There is a lot of drama going on over at ISU. The student senate is voting on an important issue tomorrrow and I've been told by a few people I should go to the meeting. The honeymoon period between Vailas and the faculty has come to an end. The very popular Dean Kijinski of the College of Arts and Sciences resigned and that has the entire college in a panic mode. Should be an interesting semester.

0 comments

Post a Comment