The Drama Continues  

Posted by Jessica

I just posted another comment over at Red State Rebels. Here is the meat of my comment:

The hard core Dems, who have $75 burning a hole in their
pocket, will come to the banquet and won't really be upset
that we couldn't get Schweitzer or Tester.

However, while I am a hard core Dem, I don't have the resources
to attend every event in this state. I have to be selective, but
I will attend an event that features a speaker I WANT to hear.
I've proven this by taking trips to SLC, Boise, Twin Falls,
Seattle, and D.C.

I am getting really tired of Democrats in this state telling me that I am not supporting the party if I don't attend this event. Hey, maybe if you charged students a lower price or let them in for free, or made outreach efforts to our club, maybe then, we wouldn't mind that Inslee is speaking and we wouldn't mind spending a majority of our club funds on one event.

Show support for the party members and the party members will then show support for the party. I know there are many Democrats who don't feel any support from the state party. Thank God we have legislators and local leaders who do show support for us. Without this, I highly doubt the ISU College Dems would exist and we certainly wouldn't flourish. We flourish despite the lack of support and recognition from the state party.

0 comments

Post a Comment