What I've Been Up To  

Posted by Jessica

I have been pretty good at blogging everyday, or just about everyday. However, I've been caught up in the student elections which take place next week. A very good friend of mine is running for President, but I am not voting for him. I am voting for the Knapp/Olson ticket and if you see me anytime in the next 5 days, I'll be wearing a bright yellow "Because I Matter" shirt with "VOTE Knapp/Olson" on the back.

This is a ticket I truly believe in. This semester, I've been able to attend all but one senate meeting. I've seen Senator Knapp and Senator Olson vote. I've heard what they've said with my own ears. I can say with certainty that they truly care about ISU and its students. I spent almost 4 hours with them painting two windows in the student union building and witnessed their concern for the future of ISU.

I will leave you with this quote:

"I beg you to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Do not search for the answers, which could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer." Rilke

0 comments

Post a Comment