Today.  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

For the first time in years, I walked home from class, a class I couldn't even attend, without listening to my iPod. I was so out of it, I don't really remember the walk and I certainly don't recall not listening to my iPod. I spoke with my professor and asked if I could miss class. He hugged me and said yes. I think he knew I was dealing with stuff and even if I sat in class, I wouldn't really be there.

I got home, took some medication and was pleasantly surprised to get a phone call from my friend. This is a friend I talk to every now and then, though we don't speak on the phone all that often. He made me laugh, put a smile on my face and brightened my night. As soon as I hung up with him, one of my good friends in Hawaii called me. I haven't spoken to him since October. I was so excited to talk to him and he put a smile on my face and had me laughing a lot, as well. After I got off the phone with him, I shopped a little with my best friend, and I got a phone call from one of my best friends who never ceases to make me laugh.

You know how they say "timing is everything"? It really is. The timing of these three phone calls was nothing short of a miracle for me.

I then headed to Waldenbooks to buy 4 books, 1 of which I desperately need right now.

What does tomorrow hold? I start counseling and I am scared as hell. But as my best friend texted me today, "It'll be ok." And it will.

2 comments

Wish you all the best. Its a boon to have good friends. I am proud of mine.
Peep into my friendship blog for some beautiful e-greeting cards and friendly tips.

Hey... I just wanted you to know that it'll all be okay, that's always true. Everything always is! And, we may not have been talking as much, which makes me sad - but I love you! Just making sure you know.
-M.-

Post a Comment