Frank Church Banquet and Other Things  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

I wasn't able to blog this weekend from Boise as I didn't have very much free time and the internet access at the Doubletree Riverside was...not great.

I have lots to blog about, including: the blogger's breakfast saturday morning, the training during the day, the Banquet which had many "omg" moments, the overall relationship or lack thereof, between the College Dems and the rest of the Democratic Party in Idaho, a recognition of people who continue to amaze and inspire me, and a trip next week I will be making to the Capital. But rather than make one long post about everything, I will break it up this week and blog about each topic separately.

Before I end this post, if you live in Pocatello, I hope you can participate in some of the peace events on the ISU campus monday-wednesday:

Tomorrow night, Common Ground, will be giving a free concert at Frazier Hall at 7pm.

Tuesday night, a documentary about troops returning home from war and not being taken care of will be shown (7pm Little Wood River Room in the SUB) and wednesday (same time and place as tuesday) it will be shown again, followed by a peace vigil on the ISU Quad (around 8:30) and then a "Peace Party" put on by the College Democrats in the Bengal Cafe from 10pm-12am-FREE FOOD!

If you have any questions about any events, drop me an email or leave a comment on here.

10 comments

Jessica, do you have any opinions on what my local paper, the Times-News, editorialized about concerning Tom Luna's success in the legislature?

I'll write a post about it in the next week!

Awesome. I thought you might have an opinion or two about it.

I didn't know about it until you told me, but I'm glad I read it. I just want to formulate some opinions before I write and I will be campaigning for the next 2 days and won't have much time to write a nice post about it.

I'll be interested in hearing about the blogger's breakfast. For some strange reason, I didn't get an invite :-(

Hmmm...maybe if you start voting for some more Dems, you will get an invite next year! It was just a bunch of women talking and you might've felt out of place, so maybe it is good you didn't go!

I'm hurt... I voted almost a straight Dem ticket last year. (Actually, Julie already let me know why I wasn't invited...)

Well, it would've been nice to meet you and I don't know why Julie didn't invite you. I very much respect Julie and I'm sure she had a good reason or reasons. Maybe it's because you still consider yourself a Republican...?

(Actually, I think it's because I spend a lot of time making fun of the husband of the blogger from Idaho Rocks. Plus, the Republican thing. I'm still the snarkiest anti-Sali blogger around, tho.)

Well, those are two good reasons. At least you weren't snubbed by the Chair of the Idaho Democratic Party!

Post a Comment