The past, present, and future.  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

In one week I hope to be back in Idaho for a few days seeing my friends and getting some things out of storage. It is bittersweet because it is the first time in 7 years, with the exception of one year, that I will not be starting school somewhere and being back in Pocatello, a place I lived in for 4 years will be a constant reminder of that fact. Even thinking about not going to Idaho State University and not taking any classes and not seeing familiar faces this year hurts...

The campaign, well the summer portion of it, ends in a few days and we have been busy phone banking to help crowd build for our ginormous (gigantic and enormous combined!) town hall on August 28th. Emails are going out to people from John Kerry, Harry Reid, MoveOn.org, TrueMajority.com, Working Assets, USAction, and more. I am excited for the event and so excited to be done and have a few days off before I start my new campaign job...

Speaking of my new job, I am very excited. The next campaign I am working on is very structured and I know that will be a nice change from this campaign. I still have a lot to learn and I know this next campaign will teach me the science of campaign work as well as lots of other skills that will help me perfect my skill. I feel like this next job is a very smart move on my part and the candidate is a remarkable person that will make a fantastic President of the United States and I will get free medical and dental insurance, which is huge not just because we live in the richest country in the world with almost 50 million uninsured folks, but I have been one of them for the last year and a half and it will be wonderful to go to the Dr. when I am sick and not rely on someone else's antibiotics. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment