Thoughts on Hillary.  

Posted by Jessica in , ,

Having been a big Hillary fan and supporter, I've watched with interest as the primary election has continued on despite calls for her to drop out. I admire her grittiness and determination. I am glad she hasn't dropped out. The primary battle hasn't been the cleanest, but it hasn't been very dirty either.

This is a woman who has probably wanted to run for President her entire life and as each passing day occurs and the realization of her being the first female President slips farther and farther away, I can only imagine how she feels and I can only sympathize with the desperation she must cling to and rely on to not just stay in the race but stay relevant.

She's said some things that have been questionable but up until a few months ago she was running a near flawless campaign, though probably too cocky as they, her campaign, were unprepared for a battle past super Tuesday or even on super Tuesday. But how many people truly foresaw the Obamania? How many people truly believed any other candidate would stand a chance against Hillary? I mean there has to be some diehard Obama fans, but come on! Most people were resigned to the fact that no one could beat the Clinton machine or the chances would be slim and it would only happen if there was some major revelation that would destroy her campaign.

Next, despite some of the negative things about a long primary fight, I think it has been overwhelmingly positive for the Obama campaign and Democratic Party. I know others have pointed it out before, but how many Democrats, or Republicans, were able to start the general election with an organization in ALL 50 states??? That's what Obama is gonna have and might already have.

Not only does Obama have an organization in all 50 states, or will soon, but each state now has more registered voters, more excitement, better lists to work off of for GOTV work (get out the vote work) and all of that. I mean this is awesome awesome stuff for each Democratic state party!

The last great thing I've seen is that each state will be able to claim that its resident voted and their vote mattered (except Florida and Michigan). How much whining did we hear about how Iowa and New Hampshire were the only states that mattered, and maybe, maybe South Carolina and Nevada (and Florida for Rudy)??? That can't be claimed now. Idaho's vote mattered so much that Obama went to Boise for a rally that brought 15,000 people there to hear him speak!

So lastly I'd like to give some props to Hillary. The only thing harder than being President of the United States might be running for President. She has been under a microscope for years and subject to a level of scrutiny we cannot even imagine. Every word is analyzed, every move criticized, and everything questioned. Far more than the men who run, she has faced things, insults, and cruelty that nobody else has.

How would I have acted under the same circumstances? How would you have acted? I truly truly admire the fact that she can get up everyday, knowing she is fighting a losing battle, and hold her head up high. She is a fighter and I love that. Hillary, you have my respect.

3 comments

I know you like Hillary way more than I do, but do you really think she ran a "nearly flawless" campaign?? She blew a 30+ point lead and came in 3rd in Iowa...that's not just because of unforeseen Obamaniacs. Even JRE beat her in Iowa! Billy Shaheen & that other dope she had running the show were overconfident, blew of caucus states, and had a bad campaign theme (experience) from the start. And don't even get me started on Bill Clinton's behavior. Anyway, that's IMHO. ;-)

I do say props to her as well, but she's behaving in such a way now as to quickly lose any respect she earned.

Happy new computer. When are you adding my blog to your blogroll???

Reporting LIVE from NH...

P

When (August) I was offered a paid position on her campaign, I had originally accepted because her campaign had been nearly flawless. Her campaign was still nearly flawless throughout the fall. She performed well in almost every debate, she had no major gaffe's that took up hours or days of news and she was leading lots of polls.

Anyone who thought she would win Iowa was/is smoking crack or just not someone who knows very much about Iowa. JRE had practically lived there the last 3 years and we now know that BO's organization has been second to none and incredibly exceptional in both its design and execution.

Like I said, the campaign's mistake was thinking she had it in the bag, so of course she would blow her lead and lose in caucus states, she never thought she had to compete in caucus states. Nearly flawless for quite awhile, but not long enough.

I thought I did have you on the blogroll. Maybe I accepted deleted it when I cleaned it up...???

I think Hillary should cut her losses. With the Hillary vs. Obama battle splitting voters, some WILL turn to John McCain.

Post a Comment