Our (Inter)National Nightmare Has Ended.  

Posted by Jessica in ,

But the damage that we've incurred will continue for a long long time. Luckily we have a President-Elect who will attempt to clean up the damage.

Today is a day I do not celebrate for myself, for I have celebrated enough already. Today is a day I celebrate for my country and world. Today is a day I celebrate for people of color who now realize that depsite the racism and discrimination that exist in this country, this is a land of opportunity and hope.

I can't help but wonder what my dear Katie (my daughter, who is mixed race) feels. Perhaps a little more optimism? Perhaps she has higher self-esteem? Perhaps other kids will be a bit nicer and she'll face fewer jokes because of her mixed race? That's my hope.

0 comments

Post a Comment