Alone on Thanksgiving.  

Posted by Jessica in , , , ,

This year I didn't go back to Seattle for Thanksgiving because I thought I would be able to for Christmas. With my new job duties, it looks like I may be stuck here for Christmas and so my holidays might be spent completely alone. Last year I was stuck in Pocatello alone, but I was able to visit one of my best friends in the hospital and I knew for sure I was going home for Christmas.

So, rather than continue feeling sorry for myself, I reminded myself of where I have been in the last 3 weeks;


Boston

Maine

New Jersey

Philly

North Country of New Hampshire (the northern and mountainous parts that are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful and remind me of the areas near Yellowstone National Park)

Washington D.C.

and I finally made it to Vermont, which is BEAUTIFUL!


So, my life is pretty sweet, even though I won't have a Thanksgiving dinner and will be by myself in a hotel room in Portsmouth (I decided to hole myself up in a hotel on the coast near Maine because I got a great deal and I would rather be here than in Concord).

So...HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Think of me when you are biting into a delicious slice of turkey, eating some mashed potatos, eating a slice of pie, and sitting down with your loved ones.

3 comments

Imagine a turkey dinner with all the fixin's...sent from Idaho with love. Take care.

Thanks, MG. I had some delicious mac and cheese and a diet pepsi. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Hope you had a good day. Keep up the good work, and remember the fond memories you have of people and places.

Post a Comment