Greetings from San Diego, California!  

Posted by Jessica in ,

I am in the Pacific Standard Time Zone for the first time since last September. I'm weird and my body and mind can be indifferent to time zone changes, so here I am, blogging away from my hotel, er, hostel room. I think my coworker who books my travel didn't realize this place is more of a hostel than it is a hotel. And, the parking is $20+/day because the hostel doesn't have parking.

This has all been very surreal. I won't even get into the flight (no meals or snacks beyond a mini bag of pretzels on a 5 hour flight...LAME! and WTF!) or rental car (maintenance required light is on)...so yeah, this will be an interesting trip. I do think my hostel is only 2 blocks from the harbor, which I have never been to before, so maybe I can go visit the harbor tomorrow after I fulfill my big work obligation.

Well, I'm going to crawl into bed and prepare myself mentally for my communal bathroom experience awaiting me tomorrow morning...ugh. I brought flip-flops but didn't think I would be using them in the shower. On a positive note....I AM IN SAN DIEGO!

0 comments

Post a Comment